Resolution #13-24: Financial Hardship Plan for Vernon United Methodist Church
Date of Adoption: June 6, 2013
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority have established a hardship payment plan allowing the Vernon Township sewer connection fee to be paid over a number of equal annual installments;
WHEREAS, VERNON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH is the owner of Block 148 Lot 2 (hereinafter “applicant”);
WHEREAS, the applicant has presented an application and been approved for an allocation of 1.75 EDUs;
WHEREAS, the applicant’s connection fee pursuant to the Rules and Regulations and the policies of the VTMUA is $4,081.88.
WHEREAS, the applicant has applied for a hardship payment plan of the sewer connection fee;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA have reviewed the narrative and financial information submitted by the applicant;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA believe that requiring the applicant to pay the VTMUA’s connection fee in one payment represents a financial hardship;
NOW THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED by the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that Vernon United Methodist Church as owner of Block 148 Lot 2 is hereby approved for a connection fee hardship installment plan as follows:
- The total connection fee shall be $4,081.88.
- The applicant shall be permitted to pay the connection fee in 5 equal installments.
- Each payment shall be $816.38.
- Each payment shall be due on July 1st of each year starting on July 1, 2013.
- All payments due under this payment plan are designated and shall be treated as a municipal lien and a copy of this agreement shall be filed with the Tax Collector’s Office.
- The applicant shall be required to sign a copy of this Resolution agreeing to and memorializing the payment plan as well as any other documentation required by the VTMUA.
- All amounts due under this agreement shall be subject to the same late penalties and interest as sewer user fees.