Resolution #13-46: Resolution of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority Approving a Hardship Payment Plan
Date of Adoption: November 7, 2013
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority have established a hardship payment plan allowing the Vernon Township sewer connection fee to be paid over a number of equal annual installments;
WHEREAS, FIACA ASSOCIATES (Carlos Fardin) is the owner of Block 142 Lot 8 (hereinafter “applicant”);
WHEREAS, the applicant has presented an application and been approved for an allocation of 4 EDUs;
WHEREAS, the applicant’s connection fee pursuant to the Rules and Regulations and the policies of the VTMUA is $9,330.00;
WHEREAS, the applicant has applied for a hardship payment plan of the sewer connection fee;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA have reviewed the narrative and financial information submitted by the applicant;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA believe that requiring the applicant to pay the VTMUA’s connection fee in one payment represents a financial hardship;
NOW THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED by the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that FIACA ASSOCIATES (Carlos Fardin) as owner of Block 142 Lot 8 is hereby approved for a connection fee hardship installment plan as follows:
- The total connection fee shall be $9,330.00.
- The applicant shall be permitted to pay the connection fee in 5 equal installments.
- Each payment shall be $1,866.00.
- Each payment shall be due on December 1st of each year starting on December 1, 2013.
- All payments due under this payment plan are designated and shall be treated as a municipal lien and a copy of this agreement shall be filed with the Tax Collector’s Office.
- The applicant shall be required to sign a copy of this Resolution agreeing to and memorializing the payment plan as well as any other documentation required by the VTMUA.
- All amounts due under this agreement shall be subject to the same late penalties and interest as sewer user fees.