Resolution #14-21: Resolution Authorizing the Award of Contracts and Advertising of Same for Professional Services
Date of Adoption: February 20, 2014
WHEREAS, there is a need for Professional Services for the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority for an Attorney, Auditor, Engineer, Sanitary Sewer Oversight, Recording Secretary; and
WHEREAS, N. J. S. A. 40A:11-5 specifically exempts professional services from provisions of public bidding as provided in the Local Public Contract Law; and
WHEREAS, the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority is desirous to enter into an agreement for the above mentioned professional services as a fair and open contract pursuant to the provisions of the Local Public Contracts Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 et seq., as amended; and
Whereas, the Chief Financial Officer has certified that that the value of the contracts are available for these purposes and are in the 2014 Authority Budget as adopted; and
Whereas, the Local Public Contracts Law N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 et seq., as amended, requires that this Resolution be publically advertised.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that they hereby authorize and approve the award of contracts for Professional Services Contracts pursuant to the provisions of the Local Public Contracts Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:20-1 et seq. to provide Services in accordance with the attached Contracts for Professional Services pursuant to a non -fair and open contract to the following:
- Authority Attorney—John E. Ursin Esq. of Schenck Price Smith & King LLP
- Authority Auditor—Charles JK. Ferraioli Jr. Registered Municipal Accountant of Ferraioli, Wielkotz, Cerullo & Cuva, P.A.
- Authority Engineer—Ms. Ceren Aralp, PE, LEED-AP, Senior Project Engineer of Hatch Mott McDonald
- Authority Sanitary Sewer Oversight—Michael Furrey of Agra Environmental and Laboratory Service, Inc., Licensed Operator
- Authority Recording Secretary—Ms. Jessi Paladini
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the award of contract shall be contingent upon the completion and receipt of the following:
- A fully-executed professional services contract detailing the scope of services, established fees for said professional services, mandatory Equal Opportunity Language and Affirmative Action Certificate; and
- Receipt of all statutorily mandated “pay to play” political contribution forms pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq.; and
- New Jersey Business Registration Certificate; and
- Upon the aforementioned professional being a member in good standing in his or her respective profession.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Commissioners of the VTMUA are hereby authorized and directed to execute, seal and deliver the attached contracts for professional services on behalf of and in the name of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority and that Executive Director shall publish the award of contract as required by law within 10 days of passage of this Resolution.