Resolution #14-24: Resolution of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority Approving a Hardship Payment Plan
Date of Adoption: June 19, 2014
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority have established a hardship payment plan allowing the Vernon Township sewer connection fee to be paid over a number of equal annual installments;
WHEREAS, Ward Huey is the owner of Block 141 Lot 15.01, H&H Shopping Strip (hereinafter “applicant”);
WHEREAS, the applicant has presented an application and been approved for an allocation of 11.5 EDUs;
WHEREAS, the applicant’s connection fee pursuant to the Rules and Regulations and the policies of the VTMUA is $4,665.00 per EDU and the applicant qualifies for the 50% reduction offered by the VTMUA making the connection fee $2,332.50 per EDU
WHEREAS, the applicant has applied for a hardship payment plan of the sewer connection fee;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA have reviewed the narrative and financial information submitted by the applicant;
WHEREAS, the Commissioners of the VTMUA believe that requiring the applicant to pay the VTMUA’s connection fee in one payment represents a financial hardship;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that the applicant for Block 141 Lot15.05 is hereby approved for a connection fee hardship installment plan as follows:
- The total connection fee shall be $26,823.75.
- The applicant shall be permitted to pay the connection fee over 5 years in 5 equal installments.
- Each installment payment shall be $5,364.75 plus 1 1/2 % interest ($804.71) resulting in a total payment of$6.169.46.
- Each payment shall be due on June 1st of each year starting on June 1, 2014.
- All payments due under this payment plan are designated and shall be treated as a municipal lien and a copy of this agreement shall be filed with the Tax Collector’s Office.
- The applicant shall be required to sign a copy of this Resolution agreeing to and memorializing the payment plan as well as any other documentation required by the VTMUA.
- All amounts due under this agreement shall be subject to the same late penalties and interest as sewer user fees.
- The applicant agrees to connect to the Sanitary Sewer no later than July 30, 2014 and must stay current with all sewer fees.