Resolution #15-11: Appointment for Professional Services 2015 VTMUA Engineer Contract
Date of Adoption: February 26, 2015
THIS AGREEMENT made this 26th day of February, 2015 by and between the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority and Ceren Aralp, PE, LEED-AP of the firm of Hatch Mott MacDonald;
WHEREAS, the VTMUA has appointed Ceren Aralp as MUA engineer for a period of one year through February 26th, 2016; and
WHEREAS, Ceren Aralp has accepted the appointment as VTMUA engineer; and
WHEREAS, the VTMUA wish to retain her services on an annual retainer and to provide for the services of her firm, Hatch Mott MacDonald, for other engineering work performed; and
WHEREAS, the parties hereto wish to incorporate their agreement in writing;
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereto agree as follows:
- The Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority retains the services of Ceren Aralp, PE, LEED-AP of the firm Hatch Mott MacDonald, as MUA engineer for the year 2015 at a cost of $129.00 per hour. The scope of services associated with the VTMUA, includes attendance by her at regularly scheduled meetings of the VTMUA, including the closed or executive sessions, all telephone and office conferences between her VTMUA members and/or employees; reviewing all hook up and construction plans, regulations and other engineering documents that may be requested by the VTMUA.
- The aforesaid rate shall include litigation or any action in any court or before any federal or state agency.
- The aforesaid rate shall not include any matter which is customarily billed to a third party or paid by an escrow account.
- The services under paragraph 2 and 3 of this agreement shall be paid at an hourly rate of:
Authority Engineer/Chief Engineer $129.00
Staff Engineer $110.00
Project Engineer $125.00
Sr. Project Manager $154.00
Project Manager $136.00
Personal Auto/Company Auto $0.575/mile*
Company Vans/Company Pickup $0.65/mile
Photocopies & Offset Reproduction Variable
Subcontractors (including Contract Laboratory) Direct+10%
Mobile Devices Variable
Field Equipment Variable
Travel & Lodging per Diem as Incurred
*Per IRS standard mileage rate
- Political Contribution Disclosure. This contract has been awarded to Hatch Mott MacDonald based on the merits and abilities of Hatch Mott MacDonald to provide the goods or services as described herein. This contract was not awarded through a “fair and open process” pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq. As such, the undersigned does hereby attest that Hatch Mott MacDonald, its subsidiaries, assigns or principals controlling in excess of 10% of the company has neither made a contribution, that is reportable pursuant to the Election Law Enforcement Commission pursuant of N.J.S.A. 19:44A-8 or 19:44A-16, in the one (1) year period preceding the award of the contract that would, pursuant to P.L.2004, c.19, affect its eligibility to perform this contract, nor will it make a reportable contribution during the term of the contract to any political party committee in the township of if a member of that political party is serving in an elective public office of that township when the contract is awarded, or to any candidate committee of any person serving in an elective public office of that township when the contract is awarded.