Resolution #15-16: Appointment for Professional Services 2015 VTMUA Contract—Licensed Operator
Date of Adoption: February 26, 2015
THIS AGREEMENT made this 19th day of February, 2015 by and between the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority and Michael Furrey of the firm of AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc.;
WHEREAS, the VTMUA has appointed Michael Furrey for MUA sanitary sewer oversight for a period of one year through February, 2016; and
WHEREAS, Michael Furrey has accepted the appointment for oversight of the VTMUA sanitary sewer; and
WHEREAS, the VTMUA wish to retain his services on an annual retainer and to provide for the services of his firm, Agra Environmental & Laboratory Services, for oversight of the VTMUA sanitary sewer system; and
WHEREAS, the parties hereto wish to incorporate their agreement in writing;
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. The Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority retains the services of Michael Furrey of the firm AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc., for oversight of the VTMUA sanitary sewer for the year 2015 at a monthly retainer of (one thousand nine hundred fifty (1,950.00) dollars per month. Said retainer shall cover the following scope of services:
a. Bi-weekly site visits to each plant during workweek, Monday through Friday.
b. Review all NJDEP mandated reports. Copies to be sent to client’s representative.
i. Review all NJDEP required daily log of operations at all facilities.
ii. Ensure all samples are taken in compliance to NJDEP permit. Copy of permit and latest inspection reports are needed to determine frequency of testing.
c. Review routine maintenance required at the facility.
d. Assist with arranging for testing, hauling and disposal of sludge and complete the NJDEP SQAR forms when sludge pumping is needed.
e. Client will pay for all parts and supplies.
f. Consultant will attend VTMUA meetings when needed.
g. Consultant will prepare monthly report to VTMUA.
h. This retainer will further include coordination of the following activities at NO additional cost to the client:
i. Fill chemical supply containers and mix as required.
ii. Remove grit from the influent and dispose of according to regulations.
iii. Monitor liquid levels in all tanks.
iv. Check operation of chemical pumps and lines.
vi. Maintain inventory of required chemicals, copies of MSDS sheets to be provided to client’s representative.
vii. Purchase, install and maintain chemical pumps as necessary. Replacement of pumps will be an additional cost to the client.
viii. Provide an annual estimate of cost for spare parts that the client will be responsible for purchasing.
ix. Coordinate all NJDEP inspections and any communications with the NJDEP.
x. Assist with training of potential VTMUA operators.
Please note: AGRA is not responsible for ordering chemicals.
2. The aforesaid retainer shall not include litigation or any action in any court or before any federal or state agency.
3. The aforesaid retainer shall not include any matter which is customarily billed to a third party or paid by an escrow account.
4. The services under paragraph 2 and 3 of this agreement shall be paid at a rate of $1,950.00 per month.
5. Political Contribution Disclosure. This contract has been awarded to AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc. based on the merits and abilities of AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc. to provide the goods or services as described herein. This contract was not awarded through a “fair and open process” pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq. As such, the undersigned does hereby attest that AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc., its subsidiaries, assigns or principals controlling in excess of 10% of the company has neither made a contribution, that is reportable pursuant to the Election Law Enforcement Commission pursuant of N.J.S.A. 19:44A-8 or 19:44A-16, in the one (1) year period preceding the award of the contract that would, pursuant to P.L.2004, c.19, affect its eligibility to perform this contract, nor will it make a reportable contribution during the term of the contract to any political party committee in the township of if a member of that political party is serving in an elective public office of that township when the contract is awarded, or to any candidate committee of any person serving in an elective public office of that township when the contract is awarded.