Resolution #15-18: Resolution Authorizing the Award of Contracts and the Advertising of Same for Professional Services
Date of Adoption: February 26, 2015
WHEREAS, there is a need for professional services for the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority for an attorney, auditor, engineer, sanitary sewer licensed operator and a recording secretary; and
WHEREAS, N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5 specifically exempts professional services from provisions of public bidding as provided in the local public contracts law; and
WHEREAS, the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority is desirous to enter into an agreement for the above mentioned professional services as a fair and open contract pursuant to the provisions of the local public contracts law, N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 et seq., as amended; and
WHEREAS, the Chief Financial Officer has certified that the value of the contracts are available for the these purposes and are in the 2015 VTMUA Budget as adopted, and
WHEREAS, the local public contracts law N.J.S.A. 40:A11-1 et seq., as amended, requires that this resolution be publicly advertised.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that they hereby authorize and approve the award of contracts for professional services pursuant to the provisions of the local public contracts law, N.J.S.A. 40A:20-1 et seq. to provide professional services in accordance with the attached contracts for professional services pursuant to a non-fair and open contract to the following:
- Authority Attorney—Richard W. Wenner of Lavery, Selvaggi, Abromitis & Cohen, PC
- Authority Auditor—Charles J. Ferraioli Jr., Registered Municipal Accountant of Ferraioli, Wielkotz, Cerullo & Cuva, P.A.
- Authority Engineer—Ms. Ceren Aralp, PE, LEED-AP, Senior Project Engineer of Hatch Mott McDonald
- Authority’s Licensed Sewer Operator—Michael Furrey of AGRA Environmental and Laboratory Service, Inc., Licensed operator
- Authority Recording Secretary—Mrs. Jessi Paladini
- Authority Executive Director—Mr. John Scerbo
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the commissioners of the VTMUA are hereby authorized and directed to execute, seal and deliver the attached contracts for professional services on behalf of and in the name of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority and that the executive director shall publish the award of these contracts as required by law within 10 days of passage of this resolution.