Resolution #15-32: Resolution of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority Amending the Rules and Regulations Relating to Sewer Allocation Permits
Date of Adoption: May 21, 2015
WHEREAS, the members of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority from time to time review its Rules and Regulations; and
WHEREAS, Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority desires to make the following amendment to its Rules and Regulations.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority as follows:
1. Section 5.1 is hereby deleted in its entirety and in its place and stead replaced as follows:
Section 5.1. Sewer Allocation Permit Required.
- No sewer connection permit shall be issued to an owner of any property unless a sewer allocation permit has first been issued by the VTMUA.
- Existing connections which experience a change in use shall submit an additional allocation application in accordance with this Section 5.
- All sewer capacity within the Township of Vernon shall be under the control of and owned by the VTMUA. Owner or applicants provided with sewer allocations under this section have no legal rights to the township’s sewer capacity other than those specifically provided under these Rules and Regulations.
2. Section 5.2 is hereby deleted in its entirety and in its place and stead replaced as follows:
Section 5.2. Applications for Sewer Allocation.
An owner of an existing connection that experiences a change in use SHALL, and an owner of an unimproved property may apply for a sewer allocation permit on forms prescribed by the VTMUA as follows:
- The name and address of the applicant.
- The address of the property and the tax lot and block designation.
- The dimensions and total area of the property.
- For single-family residential dwellings to be constructed, the total square foot area of the dwelling and the number of bedrooms.
- For multifamily residential dwellings to be constructed, a preliminary sketch plan showing the number of units and the number of proposed bedrooms in the units to be constructed.
- For all nonresidential uses, a preliminary site plan shall be submitted with the application showing the total square footage of the proposed building and the proposed use of the building.
- For all properties other than single-family residential dwellings, a certification by the property owner’s engineer as to the number of gallons per day of sewage that will be generated by the property and the method of calculation and schedules used in computing said amount shall be submitted as part of the application.
- Any other information deemed necessary by the VTMUA or its designated agent.
Sewer allocations shall be based on the project flow criteria as indicated in N.J.A.C. 7:14A-23.3. Any flow allocation provided shall be considered 100% utilized upon connection of all proposed units.