Resolution #15-44: Resolution of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority Approving a Hardship Payment Plan
Date of Adoption: September 17, 2015
WHEREAS, the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority have established a hardship payment plan allowing the Vernon Township sewer connection fee to be paid over a number of equal annual installments;
WHEREAS, Wallkill Valley Memorial Post 8441 Veterans of Foreign Wars is the owner of Block 148, Lot 8 (hereinafter “applicant”);
WHEREAS, the applicant has presented an application and been approved for an allocation of 4.5 EDUs;
WHEREAS, the applicant’s connection fee pursuant to the rules and regulations and the policies of the VTMUA is $20,992.50.
WHEREAS, the applicant has applied for a hardship payment plan for the sewer connection fee;
WHEREAS, the commissioners of the VTMUA have reviewed the narrative and financial information submitted by the applicant;
WHEREAS, the commissioners of the VTMUA believe that requiring the applicant to pay the VTMUA’s connection fee in one payment represents a financial hardship at this time;
NOW THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED by the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority that Wallkill Valley Memorial Post 8441 Veterans of Foreign Wars as owner of Block 148, Lot 8 is hereby approved for a connection fee hardship installment plan as follows:
- The total connection fee shall be $20,992.50.
- The applicant shall be permitted to pay the connection fee in 5 equal installments plus 1-1/2 % interest per annum.
- Each payment shall be ($4,198.50 + 314.89 Interest=) $4,513.39.
- Each payment shall be due annually on the 1st of month based on the month the hardship plan is initiated during the one year connection deferral form July 1st, 2015 to June 30th, 2016 which is currently in effect.
- All payments due under this payment plan are designated and shall be treated as a municipal lien on the property and a copy of this agreement shall be filed with the tax collector’s office.
- The applicant shall be required to sign a copy of this resolution agreeing to and memorializing the hardship payment plan as well as any other documentation required by the VTMUA.
- All amounts due under this agreement shall be subject to the same late penalties and interest as sewer user fees. Early payment will not result in any penalty.