Resolution #16-19: Contract to Hire 2016 VTMUA Sewer System Licensed Operator
Date of Adoption: February 18, 2016
THIS AGREEMENT made on the 18th day of February, 2016 by and between the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority and Michael Furrey of the firm AGRA ENVIRONMENTAL & LABORATORY SERVICES INC.;
WHEREAS, the VTMUA has appointed MICHAEL FURREY for the MUA sanitary sewer oversight for a period of one year through February 16, 2017; and
WHEREAS, Michael Furrey has accepted the appointment for oversight of the VTMUA sanitary sewer system; and
WHEREAS, the VTMUA wishes to retain his services on an annual retainer and to provide for the services of the firm, AGRA ENVIRONMENTAL & LABORATORY SERVICES INC. for oversight of the VTMUA sanitary sewer system; and
WHEREAS, the parties hereto wish to incorporate their agreement in writing;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. The Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority retains the services of Michael Furrey of the Firm AGRA Environmental & Laboratory Services Inc., as licensed operator of the VTMUA sanitary sewer for the year 2016 at the monthly retainer of one thousand nine hundred and fifty dollars ($1,950.00) per month. Said retainer shall cover the following scope of services:
A. Bi-weekly site visits to beach plant during the work week (Monday through Friday).
B. Review all NJDEP mandated reports. Copies to be sent to the client’s representative, the VTMUA executive director.
C. Review all NJDEP required daily log of operation at all facilities.
D. Ensure all samples are taken in compliance with NJDEP permit. Copy of permit and latest inspection reports are needed to determine frequency of testing.
E. Assist with arranging for testing, hauling and disposal of sludge and complete the NJDEP SQAR forms when sludge pumping is needed.
F. Consult when necessary by attending VTMUA meetings when necessary.
G. Prepare monthly report to the VTMUA on status of the physical plant(s).
H. Coordinate the following activities at no additional cost to the client:
- Fill chemical supply containers and mix as required.
- Remove grit from the influent and dispose of it according to regulations.
- Monitor liquid levels in all tanks.
- Check operation of chemical pumps and lines.
- Maintain inventory of required chemicals, please note: AGRA is not responsible for ordering chemicals.
- Provide the client copies MSDS sheets.
- Purchase, install and maintain chemical pumps as necessary.
- Provide annual estimates of cost for spare parts that the client will be responsible for purchasing.
- Coordinate all NJDEP inspections and any communications with the NJDEP.
- Assist with training of potential VTMUA operators.
2. The aforesaid retainer shall not include litigation or any court or before any federal, state or county agency.
3. The aforesaid retainer shall not include any matter which is customarily billed to a third party or paid by an escrow account.
4. The services listed above shall all be covered under the retainer of $1,950.00 per month.
5. Political Contribution Disclosure. This contract has been awarded to AGRA ENVIRONMENTAL & LABORATORY SERVICES INC. based on the merits and abilities of AGRA ENVIRONMENTAL & LABORATORY SERVICES INC. to provide goods and services as described herein. This contract is not awarded through a “fair and open process” pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq. As such the undersigned does hereby attest that AGRA ENVIRONMENTAL & LABORATORY SERVICES INC., its subsidiaries, assigns or principals controlling in excess of the 10% of the company has neither made a contribution, that is reportable pursuant to the Election law Enforcement Commission pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-8 or19:44A-16, in the one (1) year period preceding the award of the contract that would, pursuant to P.L. 20043, c.19, affect its eligibility to perform this contract, nor will it make a reportable contribution during the term of the contract to any political party/committee in the township if a member of that political party is serving in an elective public office of the township when the contract is awarded, or to any candidate committee of any person serving in elective public office of that township when the contact is awarded.