Resolution #17-36: Resolution of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority Amending the Rules and Regulations Relating to Property Owner Responsibility

Date of Adoption: August 17, 2017

WHEREAS, the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority from time to time review its Rules and Regulations; and

WHEREAS, Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority desires to make the following amendment to its Rules and Regulations.

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the commissioners of the Vernon Township Municipal Utilities Authority as follows:

Section 2.2, Property Owners Responsibility, is hereby amended by adding a new subsection C to the Rules and Regulations as follows:

Section 2.2(C). Whenever an application is submitted to the land use board or building department for a new construction or a change in use of an existing construction, the applicant must meet with the executive director of the VTMUA. The meeting should occur simultaneously with the applicant’s initial meeting with the land use board/building department.

  1. New Construction: Applicants for new construction shall comply with all other application procedures set forth in Section 3.3 and 3.4 of the VTMUA Rules and Regulations.
  2. Change in Use: Applicants for a change in use to an existing construction must file an application with the VTMUA to determine whether the change in use results in an increase to the projected flows from the building. As set forth in Section 3.2(B) of the Rules and Regulations, additional fees shall be based on the increase in projected wastewater flows and all EDUs shall be rounded to the next highest .25 increment.
    1. A change in use application requires the submission of a floor plan of the facility and a construction plan illustrating what is being done to the existing facility. A filing fee for the application in the amount of $100.00 and an engineer reviewing fee in the amount of $200.00 must be provided. Depending on the size of the project, an escrow account may be required.
    2. The VTMUA’s engineer will review the application and determine an EDU count. The findings will be presented to the board of commissioners of the VTMUA for approval. The land use board/building department will be notified of the result of the action so that the project may be completed.